Quick Links

USD 217

Activities/Athletics

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

KSHSAA Winter Activities Update

USD 217 WINTER ACTIVITIES UPDATE

Rolla JH & Rolla HS

• The KSHSAA BOD voted to begin the winter activity competition season Dec. 1st and continue through Dec. 22nd before taking a winter moratorium for practice and competition(no practice and no competition) beginning Dec. 23rd.
  • The winter moratorium usually runs from Dec. 23rd to Dec. 27th however the board took action to extend the moratorium on practices and competition through Jan. 3rd. Practice may begin on Jan. 4th with competition resuming Jan. 8th.
  • The KSHSAA BOD also took action resulting in the requirement for all participants (including but not limited to athletes, coaches, officials, spectators, support staff, and all others attending/participating in school activities) to wear a face covering in the manner it is intended to be worn while at the event venue and for the duration of the event. The only exception is provided for athletes during the time they are competing and for the officials during active play. Local health department guidelines may require a mask to be worn at all times.
  • There will not be any spectators allowed at venues from Dec. 1, 2020-Jan. 28, 2021 at which time further clarification will be addressed.
  • Participants include: players, coaches, officials, cheerleaders & sponsors, pep bands and director, event staff (clock, book, PA, other table workers), medical personnel on duty, administrators, team manager(stats, video), working media on professional assignment, student media putting on media broadcast, college recruiters who have credentials and have called in advance, bus drivers.

• More updates will come from KSHSAA in their weekly announcements.

Updated November 30, 2020